Top Five Water Filter Systems for Safe and Secure Water
- Top Five Water Filter Systems for Safe and Secure Water
- Things to Look for in Best Water Filters
- Top Five Water Filters
- PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter, Chrome
- Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
- APEC ROES-50 Drinking Water Filter System
- APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter
- iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Water Filter System
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What necessary step I need to take before getting a water filter?
- Can I check the quality of my water supply by adopting some home-devised tests?
- Do all water filters possess the capacity to eliminate all the contaminants from the water?
- What other elements do I need to keep in mind besides the water supplied at my house before purchasing a water filter?
- The Verdict
- Related Posts:
In the current age, finding clean drinking water has turned into a tough task.
Due to the ever-increasing ratio of pollution, water is becoming more and more contaminated with each passing day.
In such an instance, finding the drinking water that is safe for your health is quite crucial.
The simplest and most common method to purify drinking water is to boil it.
Heat the water until it reaches a full, rolling boil, and continue to boil for a minimum of five to ten minutes to be safe.
Boiling contaminated water will remove all oxygen from the liquid.
People try drinking boiled water but due to the hectic nature of everyday routine, most people are not able to boil water on a daily basis.
Also when the water is boiled then its taste changes so in some of the households, children refuse to drink such water.
Boiled water might be the safest water to drink but when water is boiled, it also loses some of the essential salts.
So when a person consumes boiled water on a daily basis then he is not able to provide his body with some of the essential nutrients.
The invention of water filters has proved to be a revolutionary invention for people leading hectic lives throughout the world.
It not only makes the water safe for drinking but it also makes the water light, hence incurring no negative impact on its taste.
However, with so many options available in the market and on online stores, it has become nearly impossible for people to search for the one that is suitable for them.
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while looking for the best water filter system.
Things to Look for in Best Water Filters
There are various models and brands of water filters available in the market but when it comes to your family’s health, you have to look for the best.
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while purchasing a water filter but the most important element is your water filter system’s capacity to remove the contamination.
Well, of course, you are installing the water filter system to remove contamination from the water, and if your water filter system is not able to do that then what is the point of buying it.
Ugh! The Contaminants!
The normal water that comes into your house contains different types of impurities, for instance, bacteria, parasites, protozoan, and in some cases, there are traces of certain viruses present in the water.
There are certain studies that have also unveiled that normal house water also contains different types of chemicals that can prove seriously harmful to human health.
The regular intake of these chemicals can result in hormone disturbances, cholesterol elevation, and even gradual weight increase.
Apart from chemicals, certain heavy metals such as lead and arsenic can also be present in regular water that result in damage to internal organs.
In order to select the water filter that holds the capacity to purify the water that comes into your house, it is best to take a sample of water from your house and get it tested into a certified lab.
Water Filters and Microns
Different water filters hold different types of capacities for instance, there are certain water filters that remove 25 different contaminants, some of the water filters remove 60 contaminants and some of them remove 40 contaminants.
If you live in an area where the water supply has a high level of contaminants then you must go for the best water purifier system so it can eliminate maximum number of contaminants from your water.
There is one major point that you need to keep in your mind while selecting the water filter and i.e. through scores of microns in them.
If a water filter system contains a lower micron count then it means it is highly efficient at removing the water contaminants.
For instance, if a water filter system possesses the capacity to block 1 micron then the contamination particles lower than this will pass through but the contamination particles that are bigger than 1 micron will not be able to pass through the water filter.
The most common issue is that there is no particular standard to describe the size of contaminants that a water filter can block so one can only make an estimate.
Most of the time the best water filtration system comes with “5 Micron” capacity which is sufficient in most of the cases but if you reside in an area where the water supply is highly contaminated then you might have to search for the filter system that is “1 Micron”.
Water Contaminants and Ratio of Microns
You can judge your necessity on the basis of the level of the size of the contaminants that might be present in your water.
For instance, in a normal scenario, if you live in an area where the water supply is highly contaminated then you need to get a “5 Micron” water filter because it can help prevent bacteria, spider web, viruses, lead dust, oil contaminants, and insecticides.
According to a rough estimate, bacteria is usually equivalent to the size of 3 microns, the spider web is equivalent to 2-3 microns, viruses might range between 0.005-0.3, lead dust is equivalent to 2 microns, oil contaminants range from 0.5 to 2 microns and insecticides range from 0.5 to 10 microns.
So a water filter with the capacity to prevent 5 Microns will prove to be the Best Water Filter System for your house.
Apart from these contaminants, there are also certain other contaminants that are present in water such as asbestos, mold spores, beach sand, household dust, human hair, and even sometimes white blood cells are also present.
In order to get the most purified drinking water, it is highly crucial that you ponder over different types of water filters available in the market and select the one that is suitable for the water supplied to your region.
Do remember that if you live near the beach area then your water will also include beach sand particles that are equivalent to 100-2000 Microns.
In such a scenario, you will have to find the Best Water Filtration System that is powerful enough to cleanse the water of sand particles.
Top Five Water Filters
Selecting the perfect water filter for your house is not an easy task.
Most of the people don’t understand the criteria to select the perfect water filter.
In order to relieve you of all the hassle, we have selected the top five water filters for you.
We selected these water filters after conducting complete market research and taking into account the customer reviews. So here are some honest and detailed reviews regarding the top five water filters that we have selected for you.
PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter, Chrome
If you are worried about the lead and other contaminants in your water supply then this miraculous PUR water filter will prove to be the Best Water Filtration System due to its new and improved faucet mount filtration technology.
- The most interesting aspect of this PUR FM-3700 water filter with improved faucet technology is that it contains natural minerals due to which it provides sparkling clean mineral water.
- It can easily attach to any sort of faucet with just one click and without the need for any particular tools.
- It is extremely powerful and can easily remove 70 different types of contaminants from the water including mercury, lead, and even different types of pesticides. So if you are residing in or near the industrial area, this water filtration system is best for you.
- Even though it is compatible with all types of faucets but it is not suitable for the faucets that are hand-held or are known as pull-out faucets.
- Sometimes, the flow of the water gets disturbed if one opens the faucet without turning on the filter switch.
- Does not work with hot water.
Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
Made out of stainless steel, this Engdenton water filter proves to be a Best Water Purifier System because it comes with high-tech features and long-lasting durability.
- It is available in stainless-steel form due to which it is completely unbreakable so there will be no chance of leakage or any sort of damage to the filter.
- It comes with extremely advanced filtration technology containing Activated Carbon Fiber that not only gains control over bacterial growth but it also eliminates contaminants such as rust, dirt, lead, and sand from the water.
- It also reduces the ratio of chlorine in the water.
- Provides water with a sparkling look while enhancing its taste.
- It provides 8 cups of filtered water every minute.
- It is not suitable for all types of faucets. Can only be fixed on standard type faucet.
- The water taste gets compromised when the filter gets clogged.
- The water filter needs to be changed every three to four months otherwise the filter loses its productivity.
APEC ROES-50 Drinking Water Filter System
If you are searching for a water filter system that is strong enough to eliminate almost 99% of the contaminants then this water filter system by APEC will prove to be highly effective for your house.
- This water filter is the only one that possesses the technology to eliminate 99% of the contaminants from the water. It has specifically been designed and created in the US to ensure the health maintenance of its users.
- The contaminants that can be removed from this water filter include chlorine, arsenic, nitrates, metallic elements, lead, and one thousand other contaminants.
- The system used in this water filter system is certified from WQA due to which the customers can confidently invest their money in this Best Water Filtration System.
- This water filter system is also designed to enhance the beauty of your kitchen because it comes with a designer faucet that is 100% lead-free.
- Due to its advanced technology, this water filter system provides an unlimited supply of highly refreshing water which is much better in comparison to bottled water.
- Due to its adaptable and quick-connect fittings, this water filter easily locks on any type of faucet and provides leak-free water supply.
- It takes more space in the kitchen in comparison to faucet water filters.
APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter
If you are tired of water-borne illnesses then you definitely need to get a water filter that is strong enough to cater to these illnesses.
Apex Countertop Drinking Water Filter not only provides strong resistance against water-borne diseases but due to its lavish design, it looks quite stunning sitting on your kitchen’s countertop.
- Due to its advanced filtration system, it possesses the power to remove the contaminants like radon and sediment. It also removes the ratio of chlorine in the water and makes it safe for drinking. Most of the water-borne illnesses are caused by Giardia cysts and Cryptosporidium that are easily eliminated by this water filter.
- The high-tech technology of this Best Water Filtration System not only provides you with sparklingly clean water but it also enhances the taste of the water and provides you with a refreshing feel.
- The APEX countertop filter also keeps your monthly budget in check as it prevents you from spending your hard-earned money on bottled water. Most of the mineral water companies claim that they provide you with high-quality mineral water but it is not true in most cases.
The bottled water is not as purified as the water that you will get through APEX countertop filter. Also, bottled water is quite expensive if you purchase it on daily basis.
- The use of APEX countertop filters is also beneficial for the preservation of the environment because if people keep on using bottled water then the number of disposed of plastic bottles will increase which will prove damaging for nature.
- Even though APEX countertop water filter easily attaches itself with all sorts of standard faucets but there are certain types of faucets it does not connect with.
- The filter gets clogged in a short time if the water is heavily contaminated.
iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Water Filter System
If you are searching for a high quality under the sink water filter system then this iSpring RCC7AK will prove to be a productive addition to your kitchen.
It comes with Alkaline Remineralization Layered technology in six different stages due to which it offers intensely purified water.
- It comes with astounding features as the filter comes with an attractive faucet that has been specifically designed in accordance with European-style kitchens.
Due to the transparent casing of the filter, it is quite easy to analyze the internal condition of the filter.
The inclusion of three pre-filters ensures that you get supplied with 99% pure drinking water.
These pre-filters not only remove the contaminants but they also provide special protection to RO membrane.
- These pre-filters are highly equipped to remove harmful contaminants from the water, maintain the balance of healthy minerals within the water, and keep the natural alkaline in its right proportion.
The perfect balance of alkaline and healthy minerals ensures that you get supplied with drinking water that tastes refreshing.
- The sixth stage of iSpring RCC7AK water filter provides extra softness to the water and keeps the water healthy because five-stage water filters also end up removing healthy minerals from the water while they are eliminating the contaminants.
- It comes with an easy-to-install kit that includes all the necessary installation tools and an instruction manual for the quick installation of this water filter.
- Due to its durable material, it is completely leak-proof.
- The filter has a proper drainage system due to which it drains the wastewater out of your kitchen in a hassle-free manner.
- It is larger in size so it might not be suitable for tiny kitchens.
- It is extremely heavy so moving the entire filtration system is not an easy task.
- According to a number of customers, it took them a few hours to install the entire system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What necessary step I need to take before getting a water filter?
Most people underestimate the significance of the necessity of checking the water quality before getting a water filter.
There are thousands of different types of water filters in the market and the one you get will only work perfectly if it possesses the power to purify the water that is supplied to your house.
The water quality of the water supplied to your house can be tested by getting a sample of the water and delivering it to the nearby lab as a result of which you will be able to get detailed results about the type of elements that are contaminating your water.
Can I check the quality of my water supply by adopting some home-devised tests?
Yes, you can definitely adopt certain strategies in order to check the quality of the water at your house.
Smelling the water usually helps a lot in checking whether the water is usable or not. You can seek help from your olfactory senses.
If you sense the smell of rotten egg then it means that it means that bacteria are growing inside the water.
If you sense the earthy smell then it means that some type of organic matter is getting decayed inside the water which is quite dangerous for you and your family’s health.
If you sense the smell of bleach then it means that there is a chlorine present in the water supply of your house.
Another strategy that you can use is to check the taste of the water.
If the water tastes metallic or foul on your tongue then it means that you need to get the Best Water Purifier System as soon as possible.
The color of the water is also a strong indication then you need to get the water purified before using it.
Do all water filters possess the capacity to eliminate all the contaminants from the water?
One thing you need to keep in mind is that all water filters are not the same.
There are two different types of water filters i.e. the UV filters and the RO filters.
The RO water filters not only kills the bacteria but also eliminates their dead bodies from the water hence making it completely safe for drinking.
On the other hand, the UV water filter just kills the pathogens but does not possess the capacity to remove the dead bacteria from the water.
In most cases, RO water filter is highly suitable for use.
However, you need to check whether the water filter you are getting is NSF certified or not.
What other elements do I need to keep in mind besides the water supplied at my house before purchasing a water filter?
You need to consider the size of your family because different water filters come with different storage capacities.
If you have a large family then obviously you need to get the Best Water Filtration System that has enlarged storage capacity to fulfill the water-drinking needs of your entire family.
Even if you do not have a large family, it will be best to get a water filter with large storage capacity so you can get an uninterrupted supply of purified water even in the absence of electricity.
Even though all five of the selected water filters are perfect in their own aspect but if you ask our opinion then iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Water Filter System will prove best for you and your family due to its advanced technology.
It not only kills the contaminants but also maintains the balance of healthy elements in the water due to which the quality and taste of the water remain intact.
However, the only problem with this water filter system is that it is quite large in size and extremely heavy due to which it is not suitable for small-sized kitchens.
If you are searching for a water filter that can easily adjust in a small-sized kitchen then Engdenton Faucet Water Filter will be perfect for you because it is quite durable due to its stainless-steel built and its Activated Carbon Fiber technology gains control over all sorts of contaminants including bacteria.